The Expansion of the SMMS campus, originally built in 1974, was designed as a 4-phase transformation to implement various improvements needed to support current instructional programs, code compliance, and enhance the overall campus aesthetic experience.
- New 2-story classroom building with 24 classrooms to replace existing portable classrooms.
- New PE locker rooms and fitness center
- Renovation of classroom building to enhance existing instructional space, improve site security and student safety.
- New open campus courtyard.
- Enhanced campus entry and administration
- Renovate existing PE fields and running track.
The resulting campus plan locates the new classroom building adjacent to the existing academic classroom buildings. The existing PE locker building was removed from the academic center of the campus to make way for a new open central courtyard to support lunch, circulation, student activities and improved supervision.
The new PE locker and fitness center building is located on the lower portion of the site adjacent to the existing gym and PE fields.